Halloween gift swap

Anyone who knows me knows I love love love giving people little gifts. I love making up a little random mix of bits and bobs for others. My Birthday and Christmas pressie’s I give to other people are very rarely one or two large items they are more often that not a lot of little bits because I like those kind of eclectic style pressies much better. Any how, since becoming part of the wonderful little online bloggy community I have taken part in a few “gift swaps/box swaps” whatever you want to call them, with other lovely bloggers. I love them, as they push me out of my comfort zone a little,as you are normally assigned a swap partner, someone you don’t know and it gives you the opportunity to find new lovely blogs to read and bloggers to interact with.

Recently I joined the addictive world of instagram (follow me here if you don’t already ;) ) and the gorgeous Hannah – Cupcake mumma was asking would anyone like to be involved in a little lighthearted Halloweengiftswap. Long story short I signed up and here’s what I received in my little #halloweengiftswap parcel from my very lovely swap partner also called Hannah who blogs at Dainty and Ivory .

halloween swapHomemade gorgeous little ghoul!

Thortons skeleton lolly.

Yankee candle ghostly treats tealights

Lush pumpkin bubble bar!

Such a cute little mix of items, I have had the tea lights burning over the past few nights and they smell gorgeous. I was so pleased to see the little Lush pumpkin as I tried to get myself and Hannah one for the swap but they were all sold out and I had really been wanting to try it as i’m a huge Lush fan, so this was a real treat. How cute is the little ghost! And the lolly well choccie and me = perfect combo so it went down a treat! Thanks so much Hannah!

If you wanna see what I sent Hannah pop over to her blog!

Get that Upbeat feeling

upbeatUpbeat is the new dairy protein drink by The Good Whey co. Upbeat, is a fresh high protein drink, designed with busy people in mind, ideal as an alternative/  with breakfast or on the go. A drink that really sets you up for the day.

Now if you are like me you may hear the word whey and protein and think, there is no way this will taste nice, i’m not even going to attempt this. I was exactly the same, even the smell of powdered whey protein  makes me feel a bit sick after having it in the house for the last 4 years and during my pregnancy (as hubs uses it, along with his training). So when I was approached by Upbeat to give these little drinks a go (**) I have to admit I wasn’t overly confident I would be able to stomach even a mouthful of them,let alone drink a full bottle. Oh how wrong was I!

Upbeat have three flavours to choose from, I got one of each to try the Mango & Passion fruit, strawberry and the Blueberry and Raspberry. The drinks are really fresh and light tasting. I was worried about the taste but honestly they tasted really nice, almost like a fruit yoghurt. My fave was the mango and passion fruit. Hubby has tried them all too and loves them. He’s started to take them with him in the van to work in the mornings, they really are perfect for on the go. As a busy mum, I often skip breakfast or afternoon meals or tend to eat on the go if we are out and about. These little drinks are so handy, great for popping into my bag for out and about.

The Upbeat drinks are fresh and therefore need to be stored in the fridge.

So what’s in it? Well 99% of Upbeat is made from just three ingredients – fresh whey protein, fruit puree and fruit juice from concentrate. The other 1% is made up of  pectin (a fibre from fruit) /stabiliser and lactic acid for taste and texture, as well as a tiny bit of sucralose to add sweetness without the added calories. Upbeat are currently looking into more natural sweetener alternative to sucralose.

So what’s the point? Everyone should have a steady intake of protein throughout their day, but with busy lifestyle’s it can be difficult to get enough protein/ variety of protein in at the right times. Upbeat is a convenient way to have protein, especially at breakfast, mid-morning or afternoon and makes a great snacking alternative and is perfect for on the go!

For a little more info have a peek at the little video below:

I have been really pleasantly surprised by how nice these little drinks are. I love how handy they are especially for hubby (he seems to really like them). I’ve started to buy them during the weekly shop,so we always have a few at hand in the fridge. They are really worth giving a try!

You can purchase upbeat at Tesco superstores, WHsmith, Ocado, Booths, the Co-operative food and Holland and Barrett.

*I was sent Upbeat vouchers and some upbeat goodies for the purpose of this post, however all my views are 100% honest, open and my own*